1. A lot of authors will blog about books they have read and liked. If you have an author you like you may also like the books they suggest.
2. Some authors write about the writing process and how they approach it. This can give you greater insight into their writing process as well as help you if you want to write.
3. Author's websites can have elements that kids enjoy and will get them excited about reading their books.
Here are a few examples -
- Shannon Hale has a very fun blog to read. She is funny and discusses lots of current literary topics and gives book recommendations as well.
- Kate DiCamillo has one of my very favorite "On Writing" Sections and I love her monthly (ish) writing posts as well.
- Mo Willems has a very fun website for kids. My kids enjoyed the games - Elephant and Piggie Dancing was a hit but the hot dog dress up game was their favorite. With options like a bowling ball and dirty socks on a hot dog they were laughing hysterically.
These are just a few examples of authors on the internet. On my sidebar I have added a section with Author Blogs/Websites so you can click through to them easily. If you have a favorite author blog or website - let me know about it!